MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg
Register now and increase your chances to study medicine at the private medical campus UMCH in Hamburg, Germany. Secure a place for the MediStart-Collegesemester starting in November 2020!
- Registration deadline for the Collegesemester:
End of October 2020; however, due to the limited number of places and the gradual allocation process of said places we recommend applying early
- Term start:
Hamburg: 9 November 2020
- Tuition fees:
Hamburg: only 6,800 EUR/semester
Last updated: July 9th, 2020
MediStart has organised a Collegesemester in cooperation with the Humanitas College Network. It is taught at the facilities of the private medical campus in Hamburg, Germany by, among others, professors of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and terminology. Its aim is to fill any possible gap in your knowledge, for example in case you dismissed chemistry in high school or only achieved average grades. In addition, subjects relevant to the preclinical phase of the medical studies are taught in order to facilitate the start of your studies.
Since the winter semester in 2019, it is possible to study medicine at the UMCH in Hamburg, the German campus of the University of Targu Mures. The university has taught the medical degree in English for 30 years. This makes the UMCH a proven concept of the highest standard. Although it is taught in English, the degree can be completed in Germany in its entirety – the practical parts of the degree can be completed in German-speaking teaching hospitals. The university offers a German course free of charge for international students. The programme starts every year in the winter semester and lasts 6 years – the medical licence awarded in Romania is recognised everywhere in the EU automatically, thanks to the Directive on the Recognition of Professional Qualifications. Being accepted into the programme depends on the evaluation of your written application letters as well as a motivation-based personal interview. MediStart is the UMCH’s only German agency and prepares you optimally for a successful application.
Only MediStart clients are prepared specifically for the application procedure in Hamburg during the MediStart-Collegesemester – this takes place at the facilities on the UMCH campus or online, where you will be taught by lecturers and external trainers.
MediStart had two main reasons for creating the concept of the MediStart-Collegesemester. Firstly, applicants should be given the opportunity to iron out any deficits in biology, chemistry and physics, as well as to fill any gaps in their memory that have developed in the time since finishing their high school diploma – with a particular focus on medicine and dentistry, rather than from a general perspective. Secondly, applicants that missed the chance to apply or were rejected this year should be given the opportunity to optimise their chances for another application the year after. The university’s professors and external trainers teach you the basics of the challenging curricular preclinical phase. You will be given specific preparation for cognitive and psychological admission tests and interviews. It is hard to imagine a better form of specialised preparation ahead of this highly coveted degree programme in Hamburg.
In cooperation with the Humanitas College Network, MediStart has prepared a challenging curriculum consisting of 150 teaching hours. You will benefit from it by:
- filling gaps in scientific knowledge you acquired at school,
- being taught specialised terminology in English,
- optimising your chances of being admitted thanks to specific preparation for the UMCH’s admission procedure in Hamburg, Germany,
- being taught subjects in preclinical fields by university tutors in Germany at the facilities of the UMCH, the Hamburg campus of the University of Targu Mures.
The curriculum of the MediStart-Collegesemester represents the optimal form of preparation for medical, dentistry, and veterinary medical degrees, as well as for their admission procedures. It is hard to imagine a better, more targeted form of preparation. Make the most of the advantages you will gain during the 2020 MediStart-Collegesemester:
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay for the services you booked
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible
You can register for the upcoming Collegesemester in autumn until the end of October 2020.