MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg
If you have been rejected by Hochschulstart or could not pass the MedAT admission test register now and increase your chances for a place at the medical campus of UMCH to study medicine. Secure a place for the MediStart-Collegesemester starting in February 2020!
- Registration deadline for the Collegesemester:
January 2020; however, due to the limited number of places and the gradual allocation process of said places we recommend applying early
- Term start:
Hamburg: 10 February 2020
- Tuition fees:
Hamburg: only 6,800 EUR/semester
Last updated: 8 November 2019
MediStart has organised a Collegesemester in cooperation with the Humanitas College Network. It is taught at the facilities of the private medical campus in Hamburg by, among others, professors of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and terminology. Its aim is to fill any possible gap in your knowledge, for example in case you gave up Chemistry in high school or only achieved average grades. In addition, subjects relevant to the preclinical phase of the medical studies are taught, in order to facilitate you’re the start of your studies.
Since the 2019/20 winter semester, it is possible to study medicine at UMCH, the German campus of the University of Targu Mures. The university has taught the medical degree in English for 30 years. This makes the UMCH a proven concept of the highest standard. Although it is taught in English, the degree can be completed in Germany in its entirety – the practical parts of the degree can be completed in German-speaking teaching hospitals. The programme starts every year in the winter semester and lasts 6 years – the medical licence awarded in Romania is recognised everywhere in the EU automatically, including in Germany, thanks to the Directive on the Recognition of Professional Qualifications. Being accepted into the programme depends on the evaluation of your written application letters as well as a motivation-based personal interview. MediStart is UMCH’s only German agency and prepares you optimally for a successful application.
Only MediStart clients are prepared specifically for the application procedure in Hamburg during the MediStart-Collegesemester – this takes place at the facilities on the UMCH campus, where you will be taught by lecturers and external trainers. MediStart is the only consultant to have obtained the private medical campus’s authorisation to provide German high school graduates with study places in medicine and dentistry.
MediStart had two main reasons for creating the MediStart-Collegesemester concept. Firstly, applicants should be given the opportunity to iron out any deficits in biology, chemistry and physics, as well as to fill any gaps in their memory that have developed in the time since finishing their high school diploma. These subjects then needed be taught with a particular focus on medicine and dentistry, rather than from a general perspective. Secondly, applicants that missed the chance to apply or were rejected this year should be given the opportunity to optimise their chances for another application the year after. The university’s professors and external trainers teach you the basics of the challenging curriculum’s preclinical phase. You will be given specific preparation for cognitive and psychological admission tests and interviews. It is hard to imagine a better form of specialised preparation ahead of this highly coveted degree programme in Hamburg.
In cooperation with the Humanitas College Network, MediStart has prepared a challenging curriculum consisting of 150 teaching hours. You will benefit from it by:
- filling gaps in scientific knowledge you acquired at school
- being taught specialist terminology in English
- optimising your chances of being admitted thanks to specific preparation for UMCH’s admission procedure in Hamburg
- being taught subjects in preclinical fields by university tutors in Germany at the facilities of UMCH, the Hamburg campus of the University of Targu Mures.
The MediStart-Collegesemester curriculum represents the optimal form of preparation for medical and dentistry degrees, as well as for their admission procedures. It is hard to imagine a better, more targeted form of preparation ahead of the highly covered degrees in Vienna and Hamburg. Make the most of the advantages you will gain during the 2020 MediStart-Collegesemester:
- Don’t wait. Study even after being turned down by Hochschulstart and MedAT
- Start the MediStart-Collegesemester as early as spring 2020
- Right to withdraw free of charge in case the opportunity to study medicine or dentistry at a university in Germany, Austria or Switzerland is offered before the start of the Collegesemester.
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible
You can register for upcoming spring’s Collegesemester until the end of January 2020. MediStart is UMCH’s only consultant authorised to provide German high school graduates with study places.
Further information (German language): www.medistart-college.com/hamburg