MediStart-Collegesemester in Vienna
If you have been rejected by Hochschulstart or could not pass the MedAT admission test register now and increase your chances of being accepted for a privately-funded degree in Austria: secure a place for the Collegesemester starting 7 October 2019!
- Registration deadline for the Collegesemester:
approx. end of September 2019
- Term start:
7 October 2019
- Tuition fees:
One-time payment of 7,900 EUR / Semester, or only 6,800 EUR / semester with the MediStart discount
Last updated: 1 October 2019
The Collegesemester consists of the MedNow foundation course at the Sigmund Freud Private University in Vienna as well as the preparation course offered exclusively to MediStart clients ahead of the admission process. The MediStart Collegesemester in Vienna takes place right by the famous Prater park. University professors of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and terminology provide courses aimed at filling any potential gaps in your understanding of these subjects, for example in case you gave up chemistry in high school or only achieved satisfactory grades. Furthermore, subjects relevant to the preclinical phase of the medical studies are also taught, in order to facilitate your introduction to the degree.
In order to be accepted into the privately-funded degree in medicine and dentistry in Austria you will need to display motivation, pass cognitive and psychological tests and perform in practical exercises during an interview – not solely focussing on your high school grades or your MedAT score. After this, you will be studying medicine or dentistry in German right beside the famous Prater. After six years of medicine you will be awarded the title of “Dr. med. univ.”, or “Dr. med. dent.” in case of dentistry. These titles are recognised in Germany without any further action. During the MediStart-Collegesemester in Vienna, MediStart clients are exclusively and specifically prepared for the admission procedure– this all takes place in the rooms of the private university and is run by the university’s tutors as well as by external trainers. MediStart is the only consultant to have been authorised by the private university to provide German high school graduates with study places in medicine and dentistry.
The degrees are structured in the form of the model degree programmes, similar to the modern degrees run by the universities at the Charité hospital in Berlin, as well as the university hospitals in Hamburg, Cologne and Hannover. The course consists of a BSc and an MSc. After six years you will be awarded the title of “Dr. med. univ.” or “Dr. med. dent”, which is fully recognised in Germany without any further action. A transfer back to a German university is not possible due to the structure of the degree but it is also not necessary. Unlike in Hungary for example, the Austrian patients you will be treating during your clinical training also speak German, making a return to Germany unnecessary due to the lack of a language barrier. The campus is located right by the “Messe-Prater” metro station on the U2 line, in proximity of the Südosttangente and A4. From here you can reach the City centre by U-Bahn in 7 minutes or Vienna airport in 25 minutes. Find out more about the private university in Vienna (Austria). here.
MediStart had two main reasons for bringing the MediStart-Collegesemester to life. Firstly, applicants should be given the opportunity to iron out any deficits in biology, chemistry and physics, as well as to fill any gaps in their memory that may have developed in the long time since graduating from high school. These subjects should be taught with a focus on medicine and dentistry, rather than from a general perspective. Secondly, applicants that have missed the chance to apply or been rejected this year should be given the opportunity to optimise their chances for another application the year after. The university’s professors and external trainers, among other teachers, teach you the basics of the preclinical subjects of a challenging curriculum. You will be given specific preparation for cognitive and psychological admission tests and interviews. It is hard to imagine a better form of specific preparation ahead of the highly coveted degree in Austria.
The professors at the private university have prepared a challenging curriculum consisting of 150 teaching hours. You will benefit from this by:
- filling gaps in scientific knowledge acquired at school
- acquiring the skills to pass the theoretical part of the EMT training
- optimising your chances of being admitted thanks to specific preparation for the admission procedure
- being taught subjects in preclinical subjects by university tutors at the facilities of the private university in Vienna
The Collegesemester consists of the MedNow foundation course at the Sigmund Freud Private University in Vienna as well as the preparation course offered exclusively to MediStart clients ahead of the admission procedure. It lasts one semester, consisting of three months of lessons in the rooms of the private university in Vienna.
After this, as a MediStart client, you will receive specific training on interviews, practical exercises, cognitive tests and time management during the admission procedure. It is hard to imagine a better, more targeted form of preparation ahead of the privately-funded degree in Austria. Make the most of the advantages you will gain during the 2019 Collegesemester.
- Studying in Vienna, even after being turned down by Hochschulstart and MedAT
- Start the Collegesemester as early as autumn 2019
- Right to withdraw free of charge in case the opportunity to study medicine or dentistry at a university in Germany, Austria or Switzerland is offered before the start of the Collegesemester
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible
You can register for next spring’s Collegesemester until the end of September 2019. MediStart is the only agency authorised to provide German high school graduates with study places at the private university.
Further information (german langauge): www.medistart-college.com/wien