Studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bratislava
expected in June 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected mid-September 2020
medicine: 4,750 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
In Bratislava, you can study medicine without a Numerus Clausus standing in your way. You won’t have to wait years; start your studies at the earliest possible point. The admission criterion consists of a scientific test, for which MediStart will prepare you fully. Whether you opt for human medicine or dentistry, after six successful years, your obtained degree will be recognized in Germany, Austria and in Switzerland, as well as throughout the rest of Europe. With the appropriate study structure and process, a return to Germany via lateral entry can also be a possibility in a later semester. Tuition at the University of Bratislava is offered entirely in English and is characterized by particularly intensive support. In advanced semesters, teaching groups are often no larger than 15 students, thereby ensuring direct contact to professors and lecturers. In dentistry, there is at least one professor or lecturer to every two students. On-site communication with local patients is made easier by your instructors. In general, Western European candidates are highly valued because they are in line with the desired international profile of the university.
The Comenius University of Bratislava has existed since 1919, making it one of the oldest and largest universities in Europe. In total, there are about 20,000 students on campus, many of whom come from Germany and Western Europe.
The university has 13 faculties adhering to the highest international standards, especially regarding equipment and teaching. There have been English courses in human medicine and dentistry for over 20 years, ensuring an experienced and smooth course of study. The university is not only geographically close to the German-speaking area, but also politically. Out of respect for her academic and political achievements, German Chancellor Angela Merkel was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Comenius University of Bratislava, which she accepted in person. Thanks to the international orientation and importance of the University of Bratislava, several celebrities have also visited the campus, including Kofi Annan and the Dalai Lama. Both were awarded an honorary doctorate.
Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia, as well as a member of the European Union. During your time in Bratislava, you will truly be in the heart of Europe. A city with only 420,000 inhabitants, you can familiarize yourself quickly.
Particularly if you are German, Swiss or Austrian, you will recognize many Western-European cultural elements. The cost of living is relatively low, but the quality remains high. Only 50km from the Austrian capital Vienna, you will experience the historical influences of different converging European cultures. Bratislava is located in a border triangle with Austria and Hungary and is thus the only capital city in the world to border two neighboring countries simultaneously. Because of the close proximity to Austria, many German-speaking residents live in and visit the city. The cityscape itself is characterized by well-preserved, historic buildings and modern architecture. Bratislava is located in the warmest area of the Country, with Little rainfall, the Danube and many parks. The Janko Kral Garden offers one of the oldest parks in Europe.
You do not need a specific grade Numerus Clausus for your application, but rather a high school diploma, your brith certificate and a vaccination record. In addition, you will need to complete a scientific admission test. MediStart will assume responsibility for the preparation of your documents and take care of all the steps during the application process.
We will prepare you for the science-based admission test with our approximately one-week long MediStart preparatory course. During the test you will answer a number of scientific questions in the subjects of biology and chemistry. Even if you have not taken these subjects in the upper levels of high School, you can still pass the test with appropriate perparation. The MediStart prep courses are taught by doctors who studied in Bratislava and sometimes even taught at the Comenius University itself. We can gladly discuss further steps with you individually.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible