Study Medicine in Hamburg
August 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 12,500 EUR/semester (6 years) (1st and 2nd year); later 14,000 EUR/semester (3rd to 6th year), one-time admission fee of 3,500 EUR
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can start studying medicine at the German campus of the University for Medicine, Pharmacy, Science and Technology of Targu Mures (UMFST) without a sole focus on your high school grades or any waiting time. Since autumn 2019 it has become possible to study medicine in English at the UMCH in Hamburg. The degree starts every winter semester and lasts six years. The admission process involves an aptitude test based on an interview and brief evaluation, both of which MediStart, as the UMCH’s official partner, helps you prepare optimally.
In February, it will be possible again for MediStart applicants to take part in a Collegesemester in Hamburg. They have the chance to fill gaps in their knowledge of biology, chemistry, and physics while preclinical fields are prepared. The MediStart-Collegesemester also trains you intensively in using English terminology and in successfully completing the application process. Not only are the courses taught in the classrooms of the medical campus, they are also taught among others by its teaching staff. In addition, you will get to know future professors and fellow students in the first year of their degrees. Further information regarding the Collegesemester starting on 9 November 2020 can be found at www.medistart.com/medistart-college-hamburg.
The University for Medicine, Pharmacy, Science and Technology of Targu Mures (UMFST Targu Mures) is a public medical university located in the Romanian town of Targu Mures in Transylvania. It is Romania’s largest medical university with its 11,000 international students and boasts many years of experience with the medical degree in English.
The UMCH, the German campus of this university with a long tradition, also provides you with world-class medical training. Modern equipment and innovative teaching methods set up a degree that adheres to international standards and combines theory with practice early on. An excellent tutor-student ratio is guaranteed thanks to small tuition groups. The UMCH puts special emphasis on a positive studying atmosphere: You will be able to study within a performance-oriented environment without any negative pressure and without any fake competition. The tutors maintain close contact to their students and promote their individual strengths. The UMCH is located directly in Hamburg and can be reached by car or public transport easily.
The UMCH medical campus also plays host to the MediStart-Collegesemester from 9 November 2020 for those applicants who still wish to fill any gaps in the knowledge they acquired at school, before starting their studies in autumn 2020.
Hamburg’s 1,8 million residents make it Germany’s second largest city, after Berlin. It certainly offers one of the best qualities of life in the world. The city is famous for acting as a hub to media and start-up companies, as well as for remaining one of Germany’s most significant research centres. Hamburg’s economic and scientific influence make it an ideal location for your medical studies. In addition, Hamburg is well-connected to all major cities in Germany and Europe. The city is easily accessible from all directions, whether you are travelling by bus, train, car, or airplane. Hamburg also has much to offer in terms of culture and architecture: The historical “Speicherstadt”, a storage business district belonging to the old harbour, and the “Kontorhaus District”, are both already listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites and make for a beautiful contrast to the modern “Hafencity” and its flagship monument: the “Elbphilharmonie”. Countless canals, watercourses and bridges contribute to the city’s particular charm. Hamburg is a capital for musicals, concerts and theatre productions and offers a diverse student life. There are virtually no limits to how you can structure your free time.
In order to be accepted at the UMCH you will need to hold a high school diploma (Abitur, Matura, IB, A-levels etc.). Your average grade upon graduation will not play a role. As an alternative to the general higher education entrance qualification, a degree from a technical college combined with any Bachelor’s degree is sufficient for your application. Even if you obtain your high school diploma in 2020, applying now is already possible and recommended. You will have the possibility of taking part in the admission process before having graduated. The university allocates study places after a successful participation in an aptitude and motivational process including an interview and a brief evaluation.
Our Study Consultants optimise your application documents and prepare you specifically for the admission process. Since the university admission process started in October 2019 and accepted the first students for the next semester starting in October 2020, it makes sense to take part in the process as early as possible.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible