Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Kosice
expected in August 2021 (winter semester 2021/22)
Semester Start: expected in September 2021
medicine: 5,250 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: September 15th, 2020
You can study medicine and dentistry entirely in English at the Pavol Josef Safarik University (PJS) in Kosice. The degree lasts 6 years. The medical licences are fully recognised throughout the EU. Begin your chosen studies in Kosice in autumn– without having to worry about your final average high school grade.
The history of the university dates back to 1660. It has existed in its present form since 1959. Currently, more than 7,500 students are enrolled across five faculties with 1,250 staff members and lecturers. The Faculty of Medicine is more than 71 years old, making it the oldest faculty of the university, and it has been offering degrees taught in English for over 20 years.
The Faculty of Medicine is located in a modern high-rise building with the latest technology on all floors. The building lies in close proximity to the L. Pasteur University Hospital. A new wing for experimental medicine just opened in 2015. The new equipment includes, among other, a TWINSHIME simulator for the human microbial ecosystem, one of only five in the world. Kosice pays attention to practical training and begins early-on with the clinical training.
The university is also very popular with international students. More than 40 nations are represented on campus.
Kosice is located on the Hornad River and is the second largest city in Slovakia. The European Culture Capital of 2013 combines affordable living costs with a high standard of living, all within the historically-shaped Central European environment. Good travel connections to neighbouring countries are provided by the international airport. The city is an important economic centre for Slovakia in terms of trade, especially with Italy and Austria. Kosice is also a vibrant student city.
In addition to many cultural attractions, Kosice and the university offer students a variety of free-time activities. There are also many opportunities to become involved in charity projects such as World AIDS Day or Doctors without Borders. The oldest marathon in Europe takes place in Kosice (the second oldest in the world after Boston) and attracts many athletes and tourists from all over the world. To relax, you can visit the city’s botanical gardens, which have existed for over 65 years. The academic year traditionally starts with a major enrolment ceremony.
You can obtain a university place without the sole focus on your final high school grades. All you will need is a qualification allowing you to study at a university, such as a high school diploma, as well as a successful result in university’s admission test – a multiple-choice science test. MediStart prepares you for the test in an exclusive preparatory course (also online possible). The course is offered exclusively to MediStart clients. In addition, the university requires proof of English proficiency, verified either by good school grades or by a completed TOEFL or IELTS test.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay for the services you booked
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible