Studying Medicine and Dentistry in Kosice
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
Semester Start: expected in September 2020
medicine: 5,250 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
At the Pavol Josef Safarik University (PJS) in Kosice, you can study human medicine and dentistry completely in English. The period of study will last 6 years. The degrees are fully recognized throughout Europe, therefore also in Germany and Austria. Provided the study structure is appropriately organised, changing to a German university via lateral entry in a later semester may also be possible. Upon request, MediStart can advise you in advance so that your study structure is aligned in the appropriate fashion. Begin your chosen studies starting in autumn in Kosice – without NC or waiting times.
The history of the university dates back to 1657. It has been in its present form since 1959. Currently, there are more than 7,500 students across five faculties with 1,250 staff members and lecturers. The Faculty of Medicine is 65 years old, making it the oldest faculty of the university, and has been offering studies in English for over 20 years.
The Faculty of Medicine is located in a modern high-rise building with the latest technology on all floors. The building lies in close proximity to the L. Pasteur University Hospital. A new wing for experimental medicine just opened in 2015. The new equipment includes, among other, a TWINSHIME simulator for the human microbial ecosystem, one of only five in the world.
Kosice pays attention to practical training and begins early-on with the clinical training. The university is also very popular internationally. More than 40 nations are represented on campus, including many students from Germany, Austria and Scandinavian countries. Partner universities, such as the TU Munich or Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf (as well as the Erasmus program), help highlight the international orientation of the university.
Kosice is located on the Hornad River and is the second largest city in Slovakia. The “European Culture Capital 2013” combines affordable living costs with a high standard of living, all within the historically shaped Central European environment. A good travel connection to Germany is provided by the international airport. The city is an important economic centre of Slovakia regarding trade, especially with Italy and Austria. Kosice is also a vibrant student city.
In addition to many cultural attractions, Kosice and the university offer students a variety of free-time activities. There are also many opportunities to become involved in charity projects such as World AIDS Day or Doctors Without Borders. The world’s oldest marathon in Europe takes place in Kosice (after Boston the second oldest in the world) and attracts many athletes and tourists from all over the world. To relax, you can visit the city’s botanical gardens, which have existed for over 65 years. The academic year traditionally begins with a major enrollment ceremony.
With MediStart, you will receive the opportunity to obtain a place in Kosice without NC or waiting times. All you need is your general university entrance qualification, such as a high school diploma, and a successful result from the university admission test – a multiple-choice science exam. MediStart prepares you for the test in a one-week preparatory course. The course is offered exclusively to MediStart clients. In addition, the university requires proof of English proficiency. Good school grades can suffice.
MediStart will guide you through the entire application process as well as on-site after admission. Start studying in Kosice as soon as fall 2020.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible