Medical University of Lodz
expected July 2021 (winter semester 2021/22)
expected in October 2021
medicine: 5,700 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 6,600 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: October 14th, 2020
A medical licence from the Medical University of Lodz (MUL) is recognised in the EU. It is obtained after the state examination (also held in English) as well as a practical half year at the end of the degree. This is primarily thanks to its focus on international standards. You can study both medicine and dentistry from start to finish in English. Advanced knowledge of the local language is not required. You will be taught the latest methods of treatment – alongside students from Europe and the USA. The university is partnered with four clinics with 1,600 beds as well as the local hospitals with a further 1,200 beds. The focus of the degree lies heavily on practical training.
The university provides modern equipment and many decades of tradition being an education centre for physicians and dentists with a high reputation. Developing international relations is a clear focus at this university. This is why every year approx. 300 international students choose to study in Lodz, many of them with the help from MediStart. A state-of-the-art education is made possible thanks to the technical facilities: The new teaching campus, equipped with modern computers and simulation technology, was inaugurated in 2012. This is where classes in medicine and dentistry are taught. The building also houses the Dentistry Teaching Centre that features the latest generation of simulation equipment. This has paid off, particularly in the wake of Poland joining the EU. The licence in medicine or dentistry is recognised everywhere in the EU.
Lodz is a centre for education, technology and creativity. The oldest language school in the country is headquartered there. There is a busy atmosphere but Lodz truly remains a university town. One in every seven inhabitants is a student, which comes to a total of around 100,000 students. They study at six public universities or community colleges. There are also 15 private institutions. Furthermore, the city is famous for its film school. Its location in the heart of Europe gives the city a continental climate. A mix of historical buildings and modern architecture decorates the city. This perspective is reflected through an innovative cultural scene. Its 700,000 inhabitants make it Poland’s third largest city.
MediStart takes care of your application. After receiving your registration from the university, you will be invited to take the admission test in the form of a Skype interview. During the interview, the university will be interested in your knowledge of two school subjects in natural sciences, chosen from a field of four. MediStart provides the optimal preparation for this, so that you can convince the admission committee of your suitability. You can demonstrate your English level by taking an internationally recognised language test and holding a certificate such as the IELTS or TOEFL or by demonstrating your abilities during the interview. Your MediStart study advisor will provide further assistance and information in this regard. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to take part in exclusive MediStart pre-med courses that are also available online.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible