Medical and Dentistry Degrees in Lodz
expected mid September 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 5,600 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 6,600 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can study both medicine and dentistry in English at the Medical University of Lodz. A medical licence from the Medical University of Lodz (MUL) is recognised everywhere in the EU including in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This is primarily thanks to its focus on international standards. Under certain circumstances it is possible to structure your studies in such a way that you can transfer back to a university in your home country. You can study both medicine and dentistry at the University of Lodz where you will learn the latest methods of treatment – alongside students from Germany, Europe and the USA. You will find your bearings easily and be able to focus on your degree right away. The university is partnered with four clinics with 1,600 beds as well as the local hospitals with a further 1,200 beds. The focus of the degree lies heavily on practical training.
The university offers the most modern equipment while boasting traditions stretching over many decades. The teaching in English represents a stable aspect of the course. Developing international relations is a clear focus at this university. This has paid off, particularly in the wake of Poland joining the EU. The licence in medicine or dentistry is recognised everywhere in the EU. This is why every year countless international students choose to study in Lodz, including many from Germany. Swift success is possible thanks to the technical facilities: the new teaching campus, equipped with modern computers and simulation technology, was inaugurated in 2012. This is where classes in medicine and dentistry are taught. The building also houses the Dentistry Teaching Centre that features the latest generation of simulation equipment.
Lodz is truly a university town. One in every seven inhabitants is a student, which totals around 100,000. They study at six public universities or community colleges. There are also 15 private institutions. Furthermore, the city is famous for its film school.
Lodz is home to a centre for education, technology and creativity. The oldest language school in the country is headquartered there. The city is popular among Germans – there was a time where every third inhabitant was from Germany. There is a busy atmosphere and its location in the heart of Europe gives the city a continental climate. A mix of historical buildings and modern architecture decorates the city. This sight reflects an innovative cultural scene. Lodz has always been a city that stands for renewal. For a while it was one of the fastest growing city centres in the world.
Lodz was founded in the Middle Ages and its 700,000 inhabitants make it Poland’s third largest city. Travelling there by train is uncomplicated. There are regular trains to Berlin at low prices.
MediStart takes care of your application. After receiving your registration from the university, you will be invited to take the admission test in the form of a Skype interview. You can hold the meeting on your computer. MediStart provides the optimal preparation for this, so that you can convince the admission committee of your suitability. Taking an internationally-recognised language test and holding a certificate such as the IELTS, CPE or TOEFL can be advantageous but is not strictly necessary. Thanks to the experience with the application process we have collected in recent years, we will prepare an application with the best possible chances of success.
During the admission interview on Skype, the university will test your knowledge of two scientific school subjects among other topics. Your reasons for applying also play a role. MediStart will assist you in your individual preparation and will make comprehensive material available to you so that you can impress during your interview. Nothing will stand in your way of being accepted to Lodz.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible