Study Dentistry in Madrid
expected in April 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in September 2020
dentistry: 8,670 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
The University of Madrid (CEU) offers you the possibility to start your degree in the next winter semester considering more than just the grades you achieved in high school. This university provides degrees in dentistry without detours at one of the best private universities in Europe. At the end of the course duration of five years you will obtain a fully recognised medical licence, valid in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The course in dentistry is taught entirely in English. Specific technical terms in English are taught early on in the course. At the University of Madrid an important admission criterion is that a Skype interview is held. MediStart is the university’s official agency for applicants from Germany, Austria and Switzerland and as such it supports you with the necessary preparations.
The quality of teaching at the University of Madrid is particularly high. The CEU Madrid frequently carries out strict quality checks and is always listed among the frontrunners in private university rankings. As students of dentistry you will benefit from modern equipment at the teaching centres, as well as the newest IT systems and small learning groups. During the practical part of the degree, a tutor will be assigned to two students with the aim of optimising the learning experience. Furthermore, you will have frequent exchanges with clinics as well as dental practices in order for your theoretical knowledge to be anchored early on through personal experience. The University of Madrid is highly popular with international students. Approximately 25 % of all 1st-year students are international students. Many of them come from France and England as well as Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
For decades the University of Madrid has stood for high quality and for medical training adapted to the latest scientific findings. The university is a member of the San Pablo Foundation of communal teaching facilities. This way it is part of the 25 teaching institutions that has existed for over 80 years.
The university is experiencing ever-growing international popularity. Foreign students therefore receive special services: in order to ensure a frictionless start to life in the new city and to the degree itself, the university has opened an English-speaking Hospitality Service Office that caters exclusively to the interests of foreign-language students. As a student, you will have a single full-time contact person, who can explain everything in English and assist you in both private and academic matters.
Professors of the university often work at the clinical institutions where you will be gathering your practical experiences. This way contact points are established in the theoretical and practical parts of your degree, which positively influence the learning curve. A further important aspect is the quality assurance. The University of Madrid frequently has its degree programmes reviewed and its professors evaluated. In doing so it remains in line with state-of-the-art advances, which has set it apart for decades.
The capital of Spain is also the country’s largest city. Madrid is the third largest European city, after London and Berlin. It boasts a well-developed infrastructure so that you can easily travel anywhere within the city. There are frequent direct flights to Germany, for example to Dusseldorf and Frankfurt as well as to other countries. Madrid offers a wide variety of cultural institutions, sport clubs, cafés and clubs. There are no limits to the leisure activities in Madrid, making life at an ambient annual average temperature of 17°C very pleasant.
In order to apply to the University of Madrid you will require a high school diploma and good English skills. You will need to have your English skills verified, for example by means of a language certificate, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS. Alternatively you could complete an online language test. If you will be obtaining your high school diploma in 2020 it is already possible to apply now. Rather than high grades a successful application rests on an interview, in which your suitability is evaluated. MediStart coaches you ahead of the interview, collects all the documents and takes care of the next application steps, in order to provide you with the best possible chance of being accepted for a place at the University of Madrid.
The interview is held with the responsible admission board via Skype. It can help to further demonstrate your motivation if you have previous practical work experience or if your parents have a medical background.
However, this is not strictly mandatory for a successful application at the University of Madrid. You are not required to pass a special admission test, because your suitability for a degree in dentistry is established exclusively during the interview. MediStart prepares you for your individual interviews and assists you in obtaining a study place in Madrid.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible