Study Medicine in Nicosia
expected in September 2020 (winter semester 2020/21); first admissions already possible for a degree starting in 2020 (“Early Bird”)
expected in September 2020
medicine: 9,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 9,500 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can start your degree in medicine and dentistry at the European University Cyprus (EUC) immediately – the grades you achieved in high school do not play a major role. The university selects its candidates through its own selection process. The degree is practically oriented in an internationally harmonised study programme. The resulting medical licence issued in Cyprus is fully recognised everywhere in the EU, including in Germany.
At the University of Nicosia – a leading international private university – students are taught according to
the latest didactic and scientific findings. The clinical training begins as early as in the first of the six years – a strong practical approach is therefore guaranteed from the onset. The development of theoretical abilities, practical units, virtual simulations and direct contact to patients in public and private clinics are components of the degree. The history of Cyprus, an EU nation, as a former English colony and a part of the British Commonwealth is significant: the inhabitants of Cyprus speak good English, meaning you will be able to communicate with your patients without problems.
The university is a part of the Galileo Global Education group and offers direct access to a global education network of leading private universities. This encompasses more than 100,000 students per year from 37 universities and 10 countries. The “ERASMUS+” programme is also integrated. Approximately a half of the degrees are taught in English. Every individual student has the possibility to develop important skills and apply these immediately. The higher-than-average teaching and research facilities of the university are recognised by official quality checks. The university looks back to 50 years of experience. From the start its focus has been on high-quality training for motivated and high-performance students. Theoretical and practical skills, virtual simulations and a direct contact to patients in public and private hospitals are all part of the studies. Professors teach small groups of international students (from Cypress, Greece and many countries more).
Cyprus meets all the requirements for academic excellence. This is why year after year countless students choose to study in Nicosia. The history of Cyprus reaches back 10,000 years all the way to the Byzantine Empire. The traces of the past are visible: Roman countryside villas can be visited as well as royal tombs. Ten Byzantine churches with colourful frescos have been listed among the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites.
Today the Mediterranean island is a member of the EU and represents a modern cultural region. Cyprus combines the best elements of European culture. An excellent education system meets modern lifestyle with high standards of living, easily comparable to Germany. The inhabitants speak very good English and are famous for their openness. Therefor, MediStart applicants often decide to study in Nicosia.
Applications for 2020 are already possible. You can already unconditionally secure your place for the winter semester 2020/21 – even if you will only obtain your high school diploma in 2020! The university selects applicants on the basis of several factors. Beyond your command of the English language, a selection committee decides whether you are accepted. After successfully passing the MediTest-EU a Skype interview with the selection committee will be held in order to assess suitability. Practical experiences and having a medical background through your parents may also play a role. MediStart provides global support and coaches you for the interview. Your level of English is established by having taken the subject in the upper level of high school.
The possibility of being accepted by a top university without having achieved the necessary grades and or having taken scientific subjects at school is particularly interesting to our applicants. After being accepted by the university, an initiation phase takes place at the university. During this time you will become acquainted with the campus and the city.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible