Study Medicine in Nicosia
expected in September 2020 (winter semester 2020/21); first admissions already possible for a degree starting in 2020 (“Early Bird”)
expected in September 2020
medicine: 9,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 9,500 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can start your degree in medicine and dentistry at the European University Cyprus (EUC) in autumn of 2020. The grades you achieved in high school do not play a major role but should not be too bad. The university selects its candidates through its own selection process. The degree is practically oriented on an internationally harmonised study programme. The resulting medical licence issued in Cyprus is fully recognised everywhere in the EU, including in Germany.
At the University of Nicosia – a leading international private university – students are taught according to
the latest didactic and scientific findings. The clinical training begins as early as in the first of the six years – a strong practical approach is therefore guaranteed from the onset. The development of theoretical abilities, practical units, virtual simulations and direct contact to patients in public and private clinics are components of the degree. The citizens of Cyprus often speak English well; nevertheless, you will have to learn Greek as it is the official language.
The university is a part of the American “Galileo Global Education” group and offers direct access to a global education network. This encompasses more than 100,000 students per year from 42 universities and 10 countries. The “ERASMUS+” programme is also integrated. Approximately half of the degrees are taught in English.
The university looks back on 50 years of experience. From the start, its focus has been on high-quality training for motivated and high-performance students. Theoretical and practical skills, virtual simulations and a direct contact to patients in public and private hospitals are all part of the studies. Professors teach small groups of international students (from Cyprus, Greece and many countries more).
Nicosia meets all the requirements for a pleasant time in Cyprus. This is why year after year countless students from all over the world choose to study in Nicosia.
The appartment situation is good but not cheap: You can rent single appartments of 42 m². In addition, the cultural range is large: Among others, ten Byzantine churches with colourful frescos have been listed among the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites.
Today, the Mediterranean island near Turkey and Israel is a member of the EU and represents a modern cultural region. Cyprus combines the best elements of European culture and the Middle East. A modern education system meets Mediterranean lifestyle. The inhabitants speak very good English and are famous for their openness.
The university selects applicants on the basis of several factors. Beyond your command of the English language, a selection committee decides whether you are accepted. The focus is on good grades, espeacially in natural sciences: it is an advantage if you have a good grade average on your high school diploma. If you lack the school subjects or grades, you can make up for it by successfully passing the MediTest-EU and a motivational interview via Skype with the selection committee.
We will prepare you properly for the test. Practical experiences and having a medical background through your parents may also play a role. Especially the Early Admission offers you the possibility to be accepted for autumn 2020 even before final exams!
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible