Prague, Czech Republic
Medical Degrees in Prague
expected in April 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 6,460 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can study medicine at Charles University in Prague at a historical and traditional university in one of the most beautiful metropolitan cities in Europe, irrespective of your age and high school grades. The course starts in the winter semester and the medical licence is recognised everywhere in the EU, including in Germany. The “Motol” university hospital is one of the most modern and renowned university hospitals in Europe. Thanks to the latest audiovisual teaching methods and language courses from the start of the programme, the building blocks are laid for a successful degree, even in its clinical parts. Charles University is highly popular with international students because of its high standards, both in terms of the degree and the city itself.
Founded in 1348, Charles University is one of the oldest universities in the world and the largest in the Czech Republic. It consists of 17 faculties, three of which are medical, and holds 50,000 students – many of them from all around Europe. Since 2001 the university has participated in the ECTS and has offered a medical degree programme in English for many years. 8,000 employees provide good support throughout your studies. Thanks to modern and comprehensive teaching methods, Charles University is up to date and the degree is practically-oriented.
Furthermore, the 2nd medical faculty can rely on one of the most modern university hospitals in Europe: the “Motol University Hospital”. It covers multiple specialty departments and is technologically up-to-date. It boasts a first-class reputation and it expects to behave as a “flagship for the Czech healthcare system”. The highest level of practical teaching is guaranteed thanks to more than 800,000 patients, many of whom speak English or even German.
Prague is not only the capital of the Czech Republic but thanks to its 1,2 million inhabitants it is also its largest city. Charles Bridge, which crosses the Danube, is world famous. Back in the day it was included on the coronation walk of Bohemian kings. Beyond this, Prague is full of cultural riches – the entire old town is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Furthermore, Prague boasts a diverse cultural experience. The costs of living are moderately low in comparison with other large cities, which makes life in Prague even more interesting. Thanks to a highly active society for international students of medicine, AIMS, numerous events are organised such as balls and dinner parties and an annual book sale to the lower years and a feeling of togetherness is encouraged.
As a European metropolis, public transport in Prague is exceptionally good. The metro departs every few minutes and stops right by the Motol university hospital. Freshers Week, an orientation phase held in the week leading up to the beginning of term, helps you get to know other international students from the start of the degree. There are good and regular connections to and from Prague by car as well as by train or by air travel.
In order to study medicine in Prague applicants require a completed high school diploma but no particular grades. They are also required to pass a highly challenging admission test. The test demands knowledge of biology, physics and chemistry and can also be taken in Germany on behalf of the university. MediStart provides you with the optimal preparation to pass the test. Furthermore, MediStart accompanies you throughout the application process, optimises your documents and takes care of every step of the application process.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible