Prague, Czech Republic
Charles University in Prague (2nd Faculty)
expected in April 2021 (winter semester 2021/22)
expected in October 2021
medicine: 6,460 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: October 30th, 2020
You can study medicine in Prague at a historical and traditional university in one of the most beautiful metropolitan cities in Europe, without particular high school grades. The medical licence is recognised everywhere in the EU. The “Motol” university hospital is one of the most modern and renowned university hospitals in Europe. Thanks to the latest audiovisual teaching methods and language courses from the start of the programme, the building blocks are laid for a successful degree, even in its clinical parts. Charles University is highly popular with international students because of its high standards, both in terms of the degree and the city itself.
Founded in 1348, Charles University is one of the oldest universities in the world and the largest in the Czech Republic. It consists of 17 faculties, three of which are medical, and holds 50,000 students – many of them from all around Europe. The university has offered a medical degree programme in English for many years. 8,000 employees provide good support throughout your studies. Thanks to modern and comprehensive teaching methods, Charles University is up to date and the degree is practice-oriented.
The “Motol University Hospital” covers multiple specialty departments and is technologically up-to-date. It boasts a first-class reputation and it expects to behave as a “flagship for the Czech healthcare system”. The highest level of practical teaching is guaranteed thanks to more than 800,000 patients, many of whom speak English.
Prague is not only the capital of the Czech Republic but, thanks to its 1,2 million inhabitants, it is also its largest city. Charles Bridge, which crosses the Danube, is world famous. Back in the day it was included on the coronation walk of Bohemian kings. Beyond this, Prague is full of cultural richness – the entire old town is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Furthermore, Prague boasts a diverse cultural experience. The costs of living are moderately low in comparison with other large cities, which makes life in Prague even more interesting. Thanks to a highly active society for international students of Medicine, AIMS, numerous events are organised such as balls and dinner parties and an annual book sale to new students and a feeling of togetherness is encouraged.
In order to study medicine in Prague, the final average grade you achieved in high school does not play a part. Acceptance is based on the university’s own admission test and an interview. The test demands a very in-depth knowledge of biology, physics and chemistry. MediStart provides you with the optimal online preparation to pass the test. However, the admission test remains challenging. You should have taken at least two of the three scientific subjects in the upper level of high school. MediStart accompanies you throughout the application process, optimises your documents and takes care of every step of the application process.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible