Riga Stradins University (RSU)
expected in July 2021 (winter semester 2021/2022)
expected in September 2021 (winter semester 2021/2022)
medicine: 6,000 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 7,000 EUR/semester (5 years); after 2nd year: 7,500 EUR/semester
Information last updated: July 31st, 2020
Start studying medicine in the capital of Latvia as early as next semester considering more than your final high school average grade. The medical licence obtained in Latvia is fully recognised in the EU. Benefit from small tuition groups, in dentistry of maximum ten students, and enjoy getting to know your teachers personally. Modern facilities and teaching methods, which make a medical degree possible, strive to meet international standards and the theory is combined with practical lessons early on. The degree in Riga is fully taught in English and your teachers assist you in communicating with local patients. Technical terminology in English is taught at the beginning of the degree in separate courses.
The RSU is widely popular with international students and in exchange these students are highly valued by the university. Out of 9,000 enrolled students more than 2500 are internationals. The University of Riga is a pillar of Baltic healthcare systems. Consequently, it is fully equipped with modern facilities. The latest technology and innovative teaching methods guarantee the highest standards for the degree. The course has been taught in English for almost 25 years so a frictionless process is also ensured.
The University of Riga has existed for more than 150 years, initially known as the “Medical Institute of Riga”. Interestingly, the former President of Latvia completed his medical studies here. Before taking office, he served as the director of an orthopaedic and trauma surgery hospital in Riga for many years.
Riga is the capital of Latvia und thus part of the European Union and NATO. In 2014, the Euro was adopted as the Latvian currency. The Hanseatic city prides itself on a long enterprising tradition and has a similar feel to it as cities like Hamburg and Bruges. The city’s 800-year old history can be seen in numerous spots, which is why it was named European Capital of Culture in 2014. The particularly well-preserved old town is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site where tradition and modern culture blend together. There are clubs, operas, historical sites, parks and many sporting clubs. English is generally enough to get by as most Latvians speak the language at a high level. The city has many student accommodations, from dorms to apartments. Riga also has its own international airport with countless direct connections to other countries.
In order to study in Riga, you will need good grades in the natural sciences during your later school years, particularly in biology and chemistry. However, the final average grade is irrelevant. Letters of motivation and of recommendation also play a significant role in being accepted. These should consist of addressing the issues expected by the university. Benefit from MediStart’s experience here. Your level of English will need to be backed up by very good grades in English in the later years of your high school education or by a test, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS. MediStart handles every step of your application – including during the complex process of writing a letter of motivation.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible