Study Medicine in Rijeka
expected in August 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 4,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
The small international study programme in Rijeka – the Adriatic City of Culture, near Trieste and Venice – started off in 2017 and is becoming more and more appealing especially to German graduates. Classes are taught in English and parts of the practical training can even be done at German teaching hospitals. The degree is recognised in the entire EU.
Founded in 1955 and set in the picturesque historic city district, the Faculty of Medicine has become one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the Adriatic region over the last six decades. Students receive individual support as they benefit from the small tuition groups. Around half of the students of the international medical degree are from Germany, Austria and Switzerland and many other students are from Italy.
A very unique feature of the faculty is the German teaching hospitals where MediStart students in their 4th, 5th or 6th year can do their clinical internships or study requirements over the course of several months. Students benefit from the high quality of the degree, the excellent learning environment as well as the many sports and social activities organised by the student organisation. The Mediterranean and mid-European atmosphere is just the cherry on the cake.
Rijeka is an hour south of Venice and Trieste along Adriatic coast. With its 144,000 citizens it is the third biggest city in Croatia and is located in the Kvarner Gulf with its many islands.
Its numerous cultural and scenic highlights are a tourist magnet to mostly Germans and Austrians.
Many citizens of Rijeka and the neighbouring villages speak German. Nevertheless, the university organises mandatory language courses so that students pay between 600 and 800 € a year and achieve a level of B1 in Croatian in the first three years of their studies. Rijeka is easy to reach; in Germany are even daily flights with Lufthansa to Venice or Trieste but even cheaper airlines fly to Rijeka Airport departing from many German cities. The airport was built on the Island of Krk which is only a few kilometres away and connected to the mainland by a bridge.
As MediStart cooperates officially with the University of Rijeka, we developed extensive possibilities to prepare for the application process. Your grade point average is not a decisive factor. Developed especially for German graduates, you will take the MediTest-EU which MediStart is preparing you for optimally. The test consists of a written part (60 %) with the focus on biology, chemistry and general knowledge, as well as an aptitude or motivational interview (40 %). Usually, there are several dates per months to take the MediTest-EU in various cities and countries starting in November of 2019. It is even possible and recommended to take the test before having graduated from school.
If you did not have biology, chemistry and physics for at least two years within the last four years of high school, we recommend taking the MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg. The university recognises the MediStart-Collegesemester as an official preparation; your MediStart consultant will advise you on your individual requirements and different options. We help you prepare for the MediTest-EU in individual coaching sessions so you have the opportunity to already secure a study place for the winter semester of 2020 as soon as possible. MediStart assists you from the very beginning, makes sure there won’t be any problems during the application phase and continues supporting you abroad.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible