University of Rijeka
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 5,000 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: January 28th, 2020
The small but excellent international degree in medicine taught in Rijeka, the “2020 European Capital for Culture”, located near Trieste and Venice on the Adriatic coast, has been hugely popular, especially with German high school graduates, since its inception in 2017. The course in Rijeka is taught in English. The licence is fully recognised in all EU countries.
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Rijeka is located in the picturesque old town. It was founded in 1955 and over the last six decades it has developed into one of the most highly reputable medical faculties in the Adriatic. Thanks to small tuition groups, students are supported individually. Many Italians also come to study here. In addition to its learning environment, the University of Rijeka offers various sporting and social activities through the student unions. The beautiful Mediterranean and Central European environment contribute to the exhilarating daily student life.
The city of Rijeka is located on the Adriatic coast a little more than an hour south of Venice and Trieste. Its population of 120,000 make it the third largest city in Croatia. This former harbour and industrial city is situated in the “Kvarner Gulf”, an area full of islands. Rijeka offers numerous cultural and natural highlights, which attracts many tourists. The university offers a free course in Croatian, which is compulsory in the first three years. Rijeka can be reached easily by car and by plane. For example, Lufthansa operates daily flights to Venice and Trieste, while a number of charter budget airlines fly into Rijeka’s own airport located on the island Krk a few kilometres away, which is connected to the mainland via a bridge.
Medistart is the university’s official partner and offers comprehensive opportunities to prepare for the admission process. Your average high school grade does not play a decisive role in the admission process. The allocation of places depends on your score in the MediTest-EU, a test specially developed for European high school graduates, for which MediStart provides optimal preparation. The MediTest-EU consists of a written test with questions on biology, chemistry and general knowledge (60 %) and an interview on your motivation and skills (40 %). The test is generally held every and can even be taken in your hometown. It makes sense to participate in the test before having completed high school. So far, MediStart applicants have achieved a success rate of more than 90%! If you have not taken any lessons in biology/chemistry/physics or mathematics in the last two years of school, it could be useful to attend the MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg. The MediStart-Collegesemester is officially recognised as preparation for the degree; your MediStart Study Consultant will be happy to advise you on the individual requirements and possibilities. We offer optimal preparation ahead of the MediTest-EU through individual coaching in order for you to obtain a study place starting in 2020. MediStart accompanies you from the start and ensures a frictionless process throughout the application procedure, all so that your international degree can be enjoyable and successful.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible