University of Rijeka
expected in August 2021 (winter semester 2021/22); early application recommended
expected in October 2021
medicine: 5,000 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: August 27th, 2020
The small but excellent international degree in medicine taught in Rijeka, the “2020 European Capital for Culture”, located near Trieste and Venice on the Adriatic coast, has been hugely popular, with international high school graduates, since its inception in 2017. The course in Rijeka is taught in English. The licence is fully recognised in all EU countries.
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Rijeka is located in the picturesque old town. It was founded in 1955 and over the last six decades it has developed into one of the most highly reputable medical faculties in the Adriatic. Thanks to small tuition groups, students are supported individually. Many Italians also come to study here. In addition to its learning environment, the University of Rijeka offers various sporting and social activities through the student unions. The beautiful Mediterranean and Central European environment contribute to the exhilarating daily student life.
The city of Rijeka is located on the Adriatic coast a little more than an hour south of Venice and Trieste. Its population of 120,000 make it the third largest city in Croatia. This former harbour and industrial city is situated in the “Kvarner Gulf”, an area full of islands. Rijeka offers numerous cultural and natural highlights, which attract many tourists. The university offers a free course in Croatian, which is compulsory in the first three years. Rijeka can be reached easily by car and by plane. For example, Lufthansa operates daily flights to Venice and Trieste, while a number of charter budget airlines fly into Rijeka’s own airport located on the island Krk a few kilometres away, which is connected to the mainland via a bridge.
MediStart is the university’s official partner and offers comprehensive opportunities to prepare for the admission process. Your average high school grade does not play a decisive role in the admission process. The allocation of places depends on your score in the MediTest-EU, a test specially developed for European high school graduates, for which MediStart provides optimal preparation. The MediTest-EU consists of a written test with questions on biology, chemistry and general knowledge (60 %) and an interview on your motivation and skills (40 %). The test is generally held at various test centres in Germany and can even be taken online. It makes sense to participate in the test before having completed high school. If you have not taken any lessons in biology/chemistry/physics or mathematics in the last two years of school, it could be useful to attend the MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg. The MediStart-Collegesemester is officially recognised as a pre-med course for the degree; your MediStart study consultant will be happy to advise you on the individual requirements and possibilities. We offer optimal preparation (online possible) ahead of the MediTest-EU through individual coaching in order for you to obtain a study place starting in 2021. MediStart accompanies you from the start and ensures a frictionless process throughout the application procedure, all so that your international degree can be enjoyable and successful.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay for the services you booked
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible