Studying Medicine in Split
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 6,000/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
The “School of Medicine” at the University of Split admits 50 students to study medicine in the winter semester each year. Again, without Numerus Clausus or waiting times. Students will study according to the best of European standards, thereby leading to a degree recognized throughout Europe and Germany. In addition, the study structure allows for a lateral entry back to Germany in a later semester. The program in Split is practically designed, beginning the preparation for the profession on the first day. The mediterranean climate of Croatia makes studying and living in Split very pleasant. The low cost of living makes studying in Split even more attractive.
The University of Split was founded in 1974. Today the university encompasses 13 faculties, with the medical school being the youngest, having been formed in 1997. The language of instruction was changed to English in 2011. The newness of the faculty has the advantage of ensuring adherence to the most modern technological standards, often not the case at many other universities. This is exemplified by the construction of the new medical premises in 2012. Apart from the science buildings, the university also has a hotel for guest lecturers and a restaurant for professors and students alike.
Due to the small number of students accepted each year, a more personal approach can be taken to both teaching and learning. The class size is very small, thereby allowing for a better learning atmosphere and higher rates of success. The study structure in Split closely resembles that of German universities. The buildings of the university are built close to each other, meaning your walk from the lecture hall to the clinic won’t be far. This ensures efficacy and promotes communication amongst the students.
Split is the second largest city in Croatia and is popularly known as the “capital of Dalmatia”. Split is a major port city, and with its downtown- and Diocletian’s Palace, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Warm average temperatures and a direct location on the Adriatic, Split is also a vey popular destination among tourists. As an EU member and tourist hotspot, both English and German are commonly heard. Regular flights direct from Split to Germany are also available. Having once been a Greek colony, Split offers cultural diversity and a fascinating history. Split also boasts a lively nightlife and many opportunities for sports. From university sports to water sports, everything is within reach. Once a year, the university celebrates its founding on March 26th, often with diverse activities and sporting competitions. In addition, during the introduction week, you will be introduced to the university, the city and the people.
You can obtain your study place at the University of Split without your grade point average having a direct influence. Instead, you must pass a commission-led admission procedure, provided you already have your high school diploma. MediStart will prepare you optimally for this process. The language of instruction is English, meaning the university requires good grades in English, or a language test such as the TOEFL or IELTS.
MediStart accompanies you from the beginning, helping you to get all the neccessary documents and translations in order, thereby ensuring a smooth transition into your studies and beyond.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible