Medical Faculty Split
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 6,000/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: January 28th, 2020
The “School of Medicine” at the University of Split offers a degree programme in medicine to 60 new students every year. The course meets European standards and the medical licence is recognised everywhere in the EU. The application process targets students with strong grades and advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry.
The degree is oriented towards practical training so that preparations start from the very first day. The Mediterranean climate in Croatia makes studying and living in Split very enjoyable. The comparably low costs of living are a further convincing factor when deciding to start a degree in Split.
The University of Split was founded in 1974 and is made up of 16 faculties. The university’s School of Medicine is still a young medical faculty, having been founded in 1997, but it already started offering the course in English in 2011. The benefit of this is that both the facility and its equipment are technologically up to date.
The university also has a hotel next to the science building to house guest lecturers as well as a restaurant for tutors and students. Thanks to a limited number of places offered every year by the University of Split, high-quality support is guaranteed.
The teaching methods applied to small tuition groups make for a smooth study process. It is easy to find your way around campus; the lecture halls and the university hospital are located near each other resulting in efficient studies and close collaboration.
Split is the second largest city in Croatia and has earned the reputation of being the “Capital of Dalmatia”. Split is a significant harbour city in the Mediterranean and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to the old town and Diocletian’s palace.
Students as well as tourists are drawn to Split for its high average temperature and its close proximity to the Adriatic Sea.
As an EU country and a tourist hotspot, people generally speak English. There are easy flight connections to other countries.
Besides its cultural diversity Split also has an interesting history. The city used to be a Greek colony. It offers many opportunities to practice sports of every kind, from varsity to water sports. Every year, the university celebrates its inauguration day with numerous events and sporting competitions. You will have the opportunity to get to know the university, the city and its people better during the initiation week.
The grade point average you achieved in high school only play an indirect role in your application to the University of Split. The university decides whether to accept your application through an admission committee. They will take into account your performance in biology and chemistry. You will need to demonstrate very high grades in these subjects. Our experience has also revealed that an excellent grade point average also reflects positively on your application.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible