Carden Herrera University
expected in May 2020 (winter semester 2020/21); an early application is recommended due to high demand
expected in September 2020
dentistry: 10,770 EUR/semester (5 years)
veterinary medicine: 8,140 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: 28.01.2020
The University of Valencia (UCH) offers you the possibility of starting your degree next winter semester considering more than just the grades you achieved in high school. This university provides degrees in dentistry and veterinary medicine in English without detours at an attractive private university. Generally, the course lasts approx. five years. A medical licence in Spain is valid in the EU. The contents of the dentistry course are taught entirely in English. Specific technical terms are taught at the start of your degree.
The university is internationally loved. Ten percent of students at the medical faculty are foreign students. Many of these are from the USA as well as from other EU countries. As a student of dentistry or veterinary medicine you will have regular access to the highly modernised clinical facilities, in order for you to gather practical experience at the cutting edge of technology and medicine. The university attaches special value to teaching practical skills. In the past, the university has provided over 2,700 practical placements to its students.
The quality of the teaching at the University of Valencia is at a high level. This is guaranteed by regular quality assurance procedures, hereby securing the university’s standards, which it has been known for decades. You will benefit from small tuition groups as well as modern teaching facilities equipped with the latest technology and computer systems. During the practical part of the training a single tutor will only be paired with two students so that direct contact is established and higher success rate is made possible.
Internationally, the university enjoys a high level of popularity. Foreign students therefore receive special services: In order to ensure a frictionless start to life in the new city and to the degree itself, the university has opened an English-speaking Hospitality Service Office that caters exclusively to the interests of foreign-language students. As a student, you will have a full-time contact person, who can explain everything in English and assist you in both private and academic matters.
Valencia’s 800,000 inhabitants make it Spain’s third largest city. It is located on the eastern coast of the country and boasts a very mild climate. The annual average temperature of 17°C means you can enjoy a truly Mediterranean lifestyle here. The infrastructure matches that of other large European cities, meaning that you can travel inside the city quickly and without problem. The campus at the University of Valencia has its own rail connection.
Valencia has much to offer in terms of culture. Antique buildings such as the Silk Exchange, museums, parks and monuments decorate the city’s landscape. The city provides its 80,000 students with everything that their hearts might desire: clubs, culinary specialities, beautiful beaches and water sports only make up a small part of that. As a student you will can enjoy numerous discounts (e. g. on public transport) and you will be able to join a comprehensive university programme aimed at leisure activities. This includes sports such as football, volleyball and basketball, as well as mountain-biking and sailing.
In order to apply to the University of Valencia you will require a high school diploma and good English skills. If you will be obtaining your high school diploma in 2020 it is already possible to apply now. Rather than high school grades, a successful application rests on an interview, in which your suitability is evaluated. You are not required to pass a special admission test. Your motivation can be underlined further if you have already completed practical placements in the medical field. However, this is not absolutely necessary. MediStart coaches you individually ahead of the interview.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible