Medical and Dentistry Degrees in Vienna
expected in July 2021; recommended deadline in early January 2021 as study places will be granted earlier
expected in September 2021
12,500 EUR / Semester (6 years), changes after the 4th year of dentistry 14,000 EUR/semester,
Information last updated: September 16th, 2020
You can start studying in Vienna as early as autumn 2021, considering more than just your high school grades. You can study medicine or dentistry in German at the private medical campus, located in the Danube metropolis. Your previous high school grades are not the focus of the admission procedure, for which MediStart offers exclusive preparation.
MediStart is the only agency that is allowed to provide German-language places at this private medical campus for medicine and dentistry to German high school graduates.
The private medical campus is located directly in Vienna. From here you can reach the city centre or Vienna airport easily.
Vienna is not just the capital of Austria but also the country’s largest city with a population of 1.9 million. After Berlin it is the second largest German-speaking city in the world. Numerous international organisations are headquartered in Vienna, such as the UN, OPEC, and the OSCE.
Vienna is a tourist magnet thanks to its many cultural activities, its reputation as the city of Beethoven, Mahler and Mozart, and, of course, its classic buildings originating from the Austrian Empire.
The admission to the private medical campus is not determined by your high school grades, the admission test for Austrian public universities. Instead, the private medical campus runs its own admission procedure, which attributes great importance to motivation, empathy and basic medical qualifications. Just before the test, a preparation course is organised on the university campus exclusively for MediStart applicants.
Beginning in september 2020, the MediStart-Collegesemester prepares students for the admission test in 2021, which offers highest chances of admission in January.
During the Collegesemester, student professors of the private medical campus, among others, teach biology, chemistry, anatomy, and terminology etc. and prepare participants for the admission test, which is held in January 2021 for admission in autumn of 2021.
The Collegesemester is perfect for high school graduates who want to bridge the gaps in their scientific knowledge, did not successfully pass the admission procedure in 2020, or missed the application deadline.
Their previous experience during a two-week preparation course at the private university on scientific subjects. During this initiation phase you will become acquainted with the campus and the city. In recent years, more than 90% of the participants of the Collegesemesters have successfully completed the private university’s admission procedure and have obtained a place for a degree in medicine or dentistry.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay for the services you booked
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible