Medical and Dentistry Degrees in Vienna
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21);
Collegesemester: end of September 2019
expected in September 2020;
Collegesemester: 1 October 2019
12,500 EUR / Semester (6 years), changes after the 4th year of dentistry 14,000 EUR/semester,
Information last updated: November 14th, 2019
You can start studying in Vienna as early as autumn 2020, considering more than just your high school grades or your performance at the MedAT. You can study medicine or dentistry in German at this private university, located directly beside the Prater park. After six years you will be awarded either a “Dr. med. univ.” medical title or a “Dr. med. dent.” dentistry title, which is fully recognised in Germany without requiring any further action. Your previous high school grades do not play a role in the admission procedure, for which MediStart offers exclusive preparation. In recent years 90% of our applicants have obtained a study place in Vienna. We are especially proud of this success rate.
MediStart is the only agency that is allowed to provide German-language places at this private university for medicine and dentistry to German high school graduates.
Its far more than 3,700 students make it the largest private higher education establishment in Austria. The degrees are similar to the model degree structures, similar to the modern programmes run by the universities at the Charité hospital in Berlin, as well as the university hospitals in Hamburg, Cologne and Hannover. The course consists of a BSc and an MSc.
The campus is located right by the “Messe-Prater” metro station on the U2 line, in proximity of the Südosttangente and A4. From here you can reach the city centre by U-Bahn in 7 minutes or Vienna airport in 25 minutes.
Vienna is not just the capital city of Austria but also the country’s largest city with a population of 1,9 million. After Berlin it is the second largest German-speaking city in the world. Numerous international organisations are headquartered in Vienna, such as the UN, OPEC and the OSCE: Vienna is a true global metropolis.
In the past, Vienna has been a cultural and political hub in Central Europe as the capital of the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Empire. Vienna’s old town, its magnificent buildings and Schönbrunn Palace are all recognised as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Vienna is a tourist magnet thanks to its many cultural activities, its reputation as the city of Beethoven, Mahler and Mozart, and, of course, its traditional coffeehouses. Travel in Fiakers, horsedrawn carriages, and drive past St Stephen’s Cathedral, the Imperial Palace, Vienna State Opera and the famous Hotel Sacher. Numerous locations, theatres, museums and the banks of the Danube are highly coveted attractions. The world-famous Ferris wheel in the Prater park is located right beside the private university.
The admission to the private university of Vienna is not determined by your high school grades or by your performance in the MedAT, the admission test for Austrian public universities. Instead the private university runs its own admission procedure, which attributes great importance to motivation, empathy and basic medical qualifications. The admission tests are held in Vienna. Just before the test, a preparation course is organised on the university campus exclusively for MediStart applicants.
The private university has its own special admission criteria. Your high school grades do not count as much as your motivation and suitability for a medical profession. The possibility of obtaining a place on a German-speaking degree, regardless of having achieved good grades or having taken scientific subjects at school, is particularly interesting for german applicants. Furthermore, it is possible to take part in a one-week preparation course directly on the university’s campus shortly before the first admission test. After being accepted, there is an initiation period, during which successful applicants can fill the gaps in their previous experience during a two-week preparation course at the private university on scientific subjects. During this initiation phase you will become acquainted with the campus and the city. In recent years, 90% of the participants of the Collegesemesters have successfully completed the private university’s admission procedure and have obtained a place for a degree in medicine or dentistry.
MediStart is the only agency that has been authorised by the university to provide places for medicine and dentistry to German high school graduates.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: only pay our success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw free of charge: in case of acceptance by another university through a public application system (e. g. Hochschulstart, studielink, UCAS etc.) during the application process
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible