University of Vilnius
expected in June 2020 (winter semester 2020/21);
applications (especially for dentistry) possible through a succession procedure
expected in September 2020
medicine: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 6,480 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: January 28th, 2020
The University of Vilnius allows holders of a high school diploma to study medicine and dentistry without focussing on only your final average grade and waiting times. A medical licence from Lithuania is fully recognised in the EU. The medical degree taught in English at the University of Vilnius is very popular.
The University of Vilnius is more than 400 years old and ranks among the oldest universities in northern Europe. More than 20,000 students – including 1,400 international students – have chosen to study in Vilnius. Around 2,890 researchers are employed here. International tutors teach small groups of eight to ten students, which leads to individual support and encouragement. Everybody communicates in English. As students of medicine you will be introduced to patients early – this way you will start collecting valuable practical experience. An interpreter will assist you in communicating with your patients without problem; individual placements can also be completed abroad. The university has expanded through numerous new buildings over the century and its library, twelve faculties, seven institutes, four research centres and thirteen courtyards blend several architectural styles together at the heart of Vilnius’s old city centre. The medical faculty is made up of seven departments, two institutes and eleven clinics, making it one of the largest and most important faculties of the entire university. Nowadays around 760 researchers are employed while around 3,200 students and 100 PhD candidates are enrolled here. The faculty works closely together with international organisations such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and UNESCO.
The capital of Lithuania is an international city and still displays influences from its history and various cultures – this led to it being named European Capital of Culture in 2009. Numerous music, theatre, dance and folkloristic festivals contributed to the nomination. Vilnius also has a lot to offer in terms of culinary experiences. This EU and NATO member state’s capital boasts an old city centre. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it remains worth visiting for students and tourists alike. Lithuania has been using the Euro as its currency since 2015. The low costs of living are attractive to western students, particularly because the standards of living are similar to those in western cities. Vilnius has much to offer in terms of leisure activities such as sport tournaments, excursions and day trips. The range of activities is extensive: Students can join an orchestra, go hiking through the Baltic mountain ranges and travel to the Baltic Sea. Each faculty organises an annual “Events Week” featuring conferences and competitions. An orientation week is organised for international students during the first week of term. Traditionally, term starts with a parade in September.
Lithuania has been using the Euro as its currency since 2015. The low costs of living are attractive to western students, particularly because the standards of living are similar to those in western cities. Vilnius has much to offer in terms of leisure activities such as sport tournaments, excursions and day trips. The range of activities is extensive: students can join an orchestra, go hiking through the Baltic mountain ranges and travel to the Baltic Sea. Each faculty organises an annual “Events Week” featuring conferences and competitions. An orientation week is organised for international students during the first week of term. Traditionally term starts with a parade in September.
You can already apply to Vilnius now, even if you will only obtain your high school diploma in the summer of 2020. The final grades you achieve will not be the sole focus. Admission requirements include successfully passing an admission test and completing a motivation-based interview via Skype. MediStart provides you with optimal preparation for this. The University of Vilnius is among the universities that recognise the MediTest-EU as equivalent to their own admission test. The MediTest-EU consists of a written test with questions on biology, chemistry and general knowledge (60 %) and an interview on your motivation and skills (40 %). To verify your level of English, all you will need are average to good English grades at school or a TOEFL certificate.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible