Medical University of Wroclaw (Poland)
expected in July 2020 (winter semester 2020/21)
expected in October 2020
medicine: 5,850 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 6,900 EUR/semester (5 years)
veterinary medicine: 4,100 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: January 28th, 2020
Many students from Germany, England and the Netherlands choose Wroclaw. The Medical University of Wroclaw (UMED) is one of Poland’s biggest universities and has access to the best technology and renowned lecturers. Admissions are decided by a committee – the sole focus does not lie on your final high school grades. Furthermore, you can study veterinary medicine at the “University of Environmental and Life Sciences.” The medical licence is fully recognised EU countries. So far, all MediStart applicants to Wroclaw obtained a place to study medicine or dentistry. We are particularly proud of this 100 % success rate. Under certain circumstances it is even possible to organise your studies in such a way that you can transfer back to an equivalent year in your home country. It is awarded after the medical state examination (also held in English) and the practical year.
As a traditional university with a 300-year-old history the Medical University of Wroclaw boasts an impressive historical background. The university is frontrunner in terms of new methods of treatment and operation. The course, taught in English, is particularly popular with MediStart applicants. After the first year, students spend one month per year at a special training clinic. Only recently the university has invested in a highly modern simulation centre, in which students can collect practical experience within small groups thanks to the innovative technical equipment. At the Faculty of Dentistry the degree includes a month-long training at an outpatient clinic, where students study a practical module. The Faculty of Dentistry has been educating dentists for the past 60 years. Many of them complete the degree with the highest grades. The teaching is aimed at acquiring practical skills and the equipment is exceptional.
Wroclaw is only located 170km from the German border. The city is known as the “Flower of Europe” for its beauty and looks back on a 1000-year old history. One in six of the 650,000 inhabitants is a student. Wroclaw always was and still is a centre for education as well as for medicine. Experts from many different fields fill modern buildings spread out among the baroque constructions. The city radiates international significance particularly in terms of medical education. An attractive location in a modern environment for comparably low costs of living.
As the 2016 European Capital of Culture, Wroclaw attracts tourists with its Centennial Hall, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as with more than 100 bridges that cross the River Oder. Even today synagogues and churches shape the everyday life. The twin peaks of the medieval cathedral symbolically reach for the skies. From quiet squares and parks to the hustle and bustle of the old town – Wroclaw has much to offer.
You can obtain a place at Wroclaw, regardless of your final high school grades. Instead, for medicine and dentistry a committee makes a decision based on motivation and school grades in natural sciences. Your command of English is demonstrated by at least satisfactory marks in English in the upper classes or, alternatively, by a standardised test, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS. Your MediStart Study Advisors can provide further information and assistance in this regard. Your chances of being accepted are high thanks to clever strategic applications. In recent years, all MediStart applicants were offered a place in Wroclaw! We are proud of our 100% success rate. However, this is a guarantee of future success. For dentistry you will be required an admission test. The degree is taught in English.
Warning against other German providers:
On “https://www.ed.umed.wroc.pl/medicine-our-recruiters” the Medical University of Wroclaw has declared that “it does not work with Hendrik Loll’s ‘Studimed’ based in Cologne and has also stopped working with Markus Wrase’s ‘German Student Office’ company based in Berlin”. However, these companies both still claim they can offer you a study place in Wroclaw. According to the university’s declaration, we are their only partner in Germany.
If you have signed a contract with “Studimed” or with the “German Student Office”, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to help you.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies as well as before your return home
- considering more than grades: admission tests and preparation courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our full success fee in case of an admission
- right to withdraw: in case you are successful in your application via Hochschulstart, as well as cancellation option for any other reason (in this case a reduced cancellation fee will apply)
- transparent: cancellation for any other reason possible at any time (against a reduced cancellation fee)
- Collegesemester: in Vienna (Austria) and Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies (particularly in securing the recognition of the medical licence)
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for 2020 already possible